This small project shows how to turn a "dumb" washing machine into a somewhat smarter one which is able to notify you via ntfy.sh about the finished laundry and the energy it consumed.
This can be done with a simple smart socket running Tasmota firmware, i.e. without running any MQTT broker or full-fledged home automation system.
Source Code Repository
The provided rules perform the following steps:
- Wait for the current power consumption to rise to
- Store the current value of the total measured energy, and send a notification (topic "laundry") about the start of the laundry to the ntfy.sh server.
- Wait for the current power consumption to drop to
- Wait for the grace period.
- Compute the energy difference and send a notification (topic "laundry") about the end of the laundry to the ntfy.sh server.
If during steps 4 the power rises back to at least
StartWatts, the grace period timer is stopped and execution returns to step 3.